logo subpagesEST 1961

Bullion balance by De Grave

Hatchwell_70_-_186.jpg
Bullion balance by De Grave Bullion balance by De Grave Bullion balance by De Grave Bullion balance by De Grave Bullion balance by De Grave Bullion balance by De Grave Bullion balance by De Grave Bullion balance by De Grave Bullion balance by De Grave Bullion balance by De Grave Bullion balance by De Grave Bullion balance by De Grave Bullion balance by De Grave Bullion balance by De Grave Bullion balance by De Grave

Bullion balance by De Grave

A 56 lbs Bullion Balance By De Grave & Co for Preston, Dated 1910.

Height: 124.5 cm.

Width: 114.5 cm.

Depth: 56 cm.

 

De Grave of London was established in the 18th century, circa 1767, and produced weights, scales and measures. From 1817 to 1844 the business was known as De Grave and Son, and was located at 59 St. Martin's-le-Grand, London. From 1845 to 1871, the firm was known as De Grave, Short and Co., and from 1871 onwards, De Grave, Short, Fanner and Co.  In 1890, the firm was located at 13 Farringdon Road, London. The firm became part of the Avery organisation in 1922, the name Avery De Grave appears on some local standard weights.